Is it a no-holds-barred day off from healthy eating for you?
If I were further along in my weight loss journey, I might take that approach. But this year, my plan is 'measured indulgence.' I don't want to blow a whole week's worth of healthy eating in one day.
Here's my plan - I will probably sleep in and skip breakfast, and have a filling (under 200 calorie) bowl of my gumbo for lunch.
I've thought long and hard about which Thanksgiving treats I don't want to pass up and which ones just aren't worth being fat for. Here's my plan:
All I want!
- Turkey white meat
- Veggies (those not drenched in sauces)
- Mashed potatos and gravy
- Dressing (just a dab, can't live without it)
- Pumpkin pie with whipped cream (small piece, seconds only if it's to die for)
- Glass of wine (ok maybe two)
- Sweet potatoes (love 'em but for all that sugar & butter I'd rather have the pie!)
- Bread/rolls/corn bread (passing in favor of that dab of dressing!)
- Cranberry anything. Yuck.
- Any unexpected morsels not covered above.
What's your plan?