Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do you have a plan?

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream topping.That's right, ima have the whipped cream, too! Image via WikipediaDo you have a plan for your holiday indulgence this Thanksgiving?

Is it a no-holds-barred day off from healthy eating for you?

If I were further along in my weight loss journey, I might take that approach. But this year, my plan is 'measured indulgence.' I don't want to blow a whole week's worth of healthy eating in one day.

Here's my plan - I will probably sleep in and skip breakfast, and have a filling (under 200 calorie) bowl of my gumbo for lunch.

I've thought long and hard about which Thanksgiving treats I don't want to pass up and which ones just aren't worth being fat for. Here's my plan:

All I want!
  • Turkey white meat
  • Veggies (those not drenched in sauces)
  • Water
Small servings cuz YUMMM!
  • Mashed potatos and gravy
  • Dressing (just a dab, can't live without it)
  • Pumpkin pie with whipped cream (small piece, seconds only if it's to die for)
  • Glass of wine (ok maybe two)
Skipping altogether:
  •  Sweet potatoes (love 'em but for all that sugar & butter I'd rather have the pie!)
  • Bread/rolls/corn bread (passing in favor of that dab of dressing!)
  • Cranberry anything. Yuck.
  • Any unexpected morsels not covered above.
My plan to end the pumpkin pie feeding before I founder is to order a cup of coffee with the pie. When I'm done, I'll push the pie plate away, pull the coffee over, lean back & relax.

What's your plan?

Enhanced by Zemanta